Sunday 1 October 2017

Day 25


Dearest Hannah,
Day 25 of writing to you and it is getting closer to us seeing each other again.

Today has been another low contact day. You were sorting the kids out who are still poorly and it looks like A was bitten by fleas when they stayed at their dads so he was playing up a bit this morning. I went to church as normal.
I think we missed spaces in there though so I thought you were being picked up at the same time so didn’t check my phone thinking you wouldn’t have had time when you may have done.

This afternoon you went to your Grans with your mum and the kids for lunch and I met with my birth sister.
It is now early evening and I am home and it has hit me how we haven’t spoken much.

I am starting to wonder if this is just a few busy days and that we have just missed the opportunity to chat or if this is the way it is going to be now. You either working or catching up with friends and family and me finding things to entertain myself or booking to see people and focus on other things so I don’t get left waiting and missing you too much; either way I am unsure if this is random and coincidental or something that I have to get used to. I suppose only time will tell.
Church went well; not many people attended it today but the talk was good and I think relevant to the both of us. It was a reminder that Jesus and God are the authority of things and that law, the Pharisees and people are restrictions to life and Holiness is the only way to be freed and followed.

Meeting my birth sister was really nice. We chatted for a little bit and I met her parents who were lovely, respectful and engaging. The boys, for the most part, were well behaved and polite. James lost focus after a little bit and started being himself but that was after an hour so I couldn’t be too cross. They also paid for dinner which was kind and unexpected. I think the whole time was great and everything was enjoyed by all. We chatted about life, childhood, likes and dislikes and what life is like now.
I am, of course, home now and we are doing the bedtime routine.

I have no idea at all how your day has gone.
How are the kids? I hope they are feeling better! How was dinner at your Grans? Any problems this time? Was dinner nice? How are you feeling? How is your back now? Did the ex’s family drop off A’s blanket?

Tonight you are speaking to your friend Kat so we won’t be doing our Bake Off show catch up again. You have said that you are hoping you can call Kat at 8pm but depending on kids sleeping and that you probably will speak for an hour. I do think this is a positive underestimation. Knowing how things go I don’t really see that you will be done until 8.30pm and then you will probably sort a drink and something for your back. So, if working on that logic then you will probably call me after 9.30 ish. I know though that she has problems with her kids sleeping so that may vary. I do think that you will be closer to 10pm to call me but we will see.
I am tired so I know this will impact our chat time. Again, and just like the above, it is something out of the blue that can’t be helped so I don’t mind. I will miss the opportunity to find out all of the above and to chat to you properly like we thought we could but I will look forward to just hearing your voice and finding out as much as possible in the small time we have.

I love you so much and miss you loads too; even more so today. These few days have been hard for me knowing that we haven’t spoken a lot but this is the life of a long distance relationship I suppose. At least I know in the future it will be easier as you will be coming home to me.
I hope everything goes well for bedtime and with the call to Kat.

11 sleeps.

Love you,
Martyn