Monday 9 October 2017

Day 33


Dearest Hannah
Day 33 of writing to you and this is still a moment to draw closer to you and I hope that you feel that each day.

Today, being a Monday, definitely has that typical “Monday feeling”.
You have been literally chasing your tail today. You had the school run and the kids were dragging their feet, you then had to wait to get the train into the town for the job centre and the appointment ended up being late. This then knocked on and you were late for work at the shop but luckily, after seeing that you missed the train and the bus, got a lift in with your friends. (You are so lucky to have them to help!)

Work then felt a little rubbish. I know you hate letting people down and really dislike being late but I hope it was just you projecting all the fuss of the morning and wasn’t because you had any words for the manager.
You then had to stay a little later to catch up and when you finally left you didn’t get long at home because you had to go and get the kids after football.

The kids seem fine and seem to be doing well and playing happily which I am really pleased about.
You have your mum coming round this evening. I am not sure when she is arriving but I know that she’s going to be there until late, well until 9pm. I know this isn’t ideal for you.

I have had an extremely emotional day and my dpd is up still. I am so fed up with it now. 5 days and still going despite me trying to do everything and push through all the feelings and do whatever I can and whatever I normally do; yet nothing is working.
I have had a very teary day and am feeling really low, not only with fighting it but also with the normal dpd related reactions and feelings.

You have been amazing, I know you don’t feel like you have but you have tried really hard to work at helping me out. You have phones me and messaged me at every opportunity and tried to just support me in whatever way you can.  I am sure it is hard knowing that I am like this and you are so far away, it is the curse of the long distance as I know I feel like it when you need me, but you are trying really hard.
I love you so much and I couldn’t ask for anyone better than you as my partner, friend and person. You and I are always going to have moments when we struggle without the other person when they aren’t “there” but we have to keep going.

For now, I long to be with you, long to hold you and be held in return, to kiss you and just have some time just you and I.
3 more sleeps and I will be with you. I really can’t wait!

Love you,
Martyn