Thursday 12 October 2017

Day 36

Dearest Hannah
Day 36 of writing to you and today is a wonderful day! 



It is of course my birthday. This morning was lovely and I adored that we had a little birthday video to start the day with and that you were the first person to wish me happy birthday last night and this morning. Little things like that really mean a lot to me. 

I spent a lovely morning with the boys before shipping them back and travelling to you. 

The journey was good and I made good time. 

I played a little trick on you saying I was almost there and wanted to tell you a joke. I went "knock knock" and repeated myself and finally knocked on your door. 

You were so happy to see me! I loved it! 

After I faffed around a bit we did cards and presents! You totally have spoiled me! I love everything! All brilliant! You are very naughty though; you bought me a pair of converse! I love them but they would have been expensive! Very naughty indeed; I just hope I can spoil you the same for yours a couple of weeks. I know it's not a competition but I really don't want to let you down! 

I'm writing this whilst you're doing bedtime stuff with the kids and then it is us time. I've got my steak dinner, cake and snuggles with you. 

I can't wait. 

Thank you for making my day so special. As you know my birthdays usually suck. Everything is amazing and you have done wonderfully. I am slightly overwhelmed to be honest; I really am not used to anyone making a fuss over me. 

I am so lucky to have you. Tonight will be perfect but mostly because I am with you. 

Love you 

Martyn