Saturday 7 October 2017

Day 31


Dearest Hannah
Day 31 of writing to you and today is just another day now of what I hope will be hundreds of letters to you.

I don’t feel like today is a letter that is full of joy and happiness. We both have had days where we have struggled in one way or another.
I could sit here and mention all that has been going on but let’s be honest, I have mentioned both parts of what has been going on for the last two letters and I don’t want to be repetitive and constantly writing in the negative.

It is hard though.
We both need just the presence of each other. Not to really do more than have the other one near. We are both more than capable to do the things that we are doing despite the hard aspect but it would be more of a comfort that you have your person by your side.

Instead of listing it all I do want to be a little more positive.
You are an amazingly strong mum. You do so much for your children and with that try to give them so many good opportunities or positive reinforcements that are for rewards as well as treat that are not related to the discipline or things withdrawn but the parenting battle endures.

I see so much good and I wouldn’t want you in the role of mum for my boys if I didn’t think so. My boys adore you and are always talking about you; that wouldn’t happen if they didn’t like you. The fact that you are Hanny says it all. For them, they need stability and wouldn’t make the choice to call you a combination of Hannah and Mummy if you didn’t deserve that role!
You are wonderful and caring as a partner and you try so hard with me and I love you for that.

You understand me in the moments when most people wouldn’t and you can actually see the side of me that I believe is there that many seem to miss.
You make loving you so easy because of the way you love me.

It is only 5 more sleeps until we are together again and at this very moment in time it can’t come soon enough. I have no care now if it is my birthday or not. All I want is to be with the woman that I love, the woman who I want to spend the rest of my life with and the woman who is my person!
Love you,

Martyn