Wednesday 4 October 2017

Day 28


Dearest Hannah
Day 28 of writing to you and despite the fact that we are miles away and I wish we could be together.

Today you are not feeling well.
Yesterday I wrote that I had been feeling rough and I was in the pre-sickness stage where I felt achy and tired but hadn’t quite developed into something bad. It got to the point where my voice was strained, I had headaches, earaches and my nose was stuffy.

I knew it wouldn’t last long or develop into anything else; at best I would be over it today of Thursday.
That isn’t too far from the truth. Today I feel brighter and better and far healthier than I did yesterday; of course there are some symptoms but I can feel like I am on the turn for good now.

You, however, were hit with the first day of being sick. It hit you hard and looked like you would be getting what I have. Since then it has gotten worse and today you feel terrible. You have said in the past that it is easy to turn to tonsillitis and you have already said this morning that you can see spots appear.
I hate that this is happening. I know you have listened to me and gone to get medicine and orange juice and I hope that it will ease and make you feel better sooner rather than later.

You are worried though that if it hits you like it always does that you may be so bad that you are bed bound. But, don’t worry!
You have the luxury of having the kids at school so can rest as much as you want at home during the day. Logically you can do the bare minimum first and last thing with the kids. Just stand your ground and don’t let them push you whilst you are in a weakened state. I know this is easier said than done but they need to remember that you are still the boss and they need to do well.

Tomorrow night the kids are at their Dads so that makes it even easier. At the weekend you can either be lazy and do the minimum and let the ids do what they can and have your mum to back you if you really want. Then you can do the minimum of the 3 days before I am. If you need help with the school run stuff then call on Nikki and Jay, they are your friends and should be there to help.
Then when I am there I can take over, do school runs, feed the kids, do the cleaning and look after you. You may be down and this may be horrible to deal with, especially as a single parent, but you are not alone. You have support and I will be there to help and support in whatever way possible, near or far.

It is hard when you know that your loved one is sick and poorly and you know that they need you.
I know it isn’t straightforward. I know that you and I would do anything to be with each other in this time. Yet, we have to do what we can and support each other in the way that we can.

In 7 sleeps I will be with you and then you have me for 3 weeks to look after you and make you better. 7 sleeps until we are a solid team again. 7 sleeps until you don’t need to worry and know that I have got you.
You can do this. I am only a call or message away and we can get through anything!

I will pray for you. For us both. I pray for everything we can in this period of time and after all, if God is for us then who can stand against us.
Love you,

Martyn