Monday 18 September 2017

Day 12


Dearest Hannah,
Day 12 and the best part of today’s letter is the striking contrast to some of the previous ones!

Another eventful 24 hours!
Yesterday I felt like the post was a bit doom and gloom despite looking for the positive and turning it into a happy ending. Today has been amazing for many reasons.

This morning you woke me up as you knew I was keen on getting up early for a technician to turn up and you knew that my silence meant one thing; I had slept through my alarms and was still asleep. I love you so much for this! You knew what had happened and did what you could to make sure I wasn’t left in a pending horrible situation of the boys waking me up by letting the guy in!
Later in the day, although I worried about it at the time for going wrong, I caught myself in what was a unhealthy situation and took myself off to do something positive. I knew you were out and busy and the situation wasn’t perfect and that I was caught in a waiting scenario. Instead, I love that I realised it and took appropriate action and did something good with my time and that you were pleased that I did so. Just made, and still does make, me happy that I took the lesson from yesterday forward and tried to be more productive. It might not have worked swimmingly but it was still good that I did so and you were happy with me for doing it.

We then spoke on the phone for a while and a few lovely things happened. We spoke about past blogging situations with your previous blog and how you have grown up, changed and respect me enough not to do that again. Ultimately, what seemed a fleeting conversation about another ex-blogger lead to this; but it was so easy and flowing that neither of us knew the future impact that it would have.
You also realised that my impending visit this week coincided with our 6 month anniversary. I know it was a surprise with how quickly things had flown by that you hadn’t clicked but it was lovely going through it with you and then us both being excited that we were seeing each other, on a special date, in 3 sleeps time!

Then the most amazing thing happened to you. You had a Godly experience.
I am so pleased for you! God is so good and can do all things and such beautifully amazing blessings.

You, randomly, had stopped your subscription on Google Play and meant that you had to reorganise your playlists. At the time I said it was a good thing and allowed you to choose songs that you like and are feeling more rather than being stuck with the same old ones. I know how much you enjoy organising things!
In doing so you placed a Casting Crowns song on and started playing, listening and singing and felt lead to the kitchen. Following that you opened your hands up and out and just sang. Then God, who was clearly in all things, came to you.

Isn’t weird that we, only a few nights ago, spoke about you letting go of what had happened and I said I felt that God would help when you felt comfortable that you had changed and were in a committed relationship? Isn’t it weird that only recently I had spoken about putting your hands out for God because it was part of letting go of things and receiving a gift? Isn’t it weird that I had said that my more powerful moments are when I use a song as a prayer for Him? Or, isn’t it weird that we had, unknowingly, a conversation where you declared all of those things?
I know the answer is both yes and no. I don’t think either you or I thought this was going to happen and yet, I know God, what He and the Spirit can do and how it works so I shouldn't be surprised.

I love that you have opened yourself to God and to the Holy Spirit to bless and cover you.
That one action of doing that and just doing so freely, without feeling forced, was a truly humble moment I think between you and God. You opened up and He took action.  

He literally took action in the run up of all the things that have happened and been said and used that wonder to allow you, when you chose it, to make that step and make it the right time. I am often told about the fact that Jesus and God are always knocking at our door and it just takes our action of opening that door for them to make a change. I know what that feeling feels like; I know how powerful God's blessings and presence feels like. It is the most wonderful and almost indescribable moment.
I also know how much that means to you.

I have always said and thought that God is with us and in the relationship. He works in ways that flow through two people and especially with those, like us, who allow Him to become that third thread and cord. All of the coincidences between us over this little time was building up and obviously resulted in something truly blessing. Just imagine what there is to come.
I am about to take the boys back but I just wanted to say how much that I love you. It is a blessing and a happiness to write today’s letter and to do so knowing that we have had an amazing 24 hours.

You are my God’s gift and He is with us. What can stop our future with Him on our side.

Love you,
Martyn