Tuesday 26 September 2017

Day 20


Dearest Hannah,
Day 20 of writing to you and I take great pleasure in finding time each day solely for you; time to just write and speak to you in a way that I haven’t already.

There is so much that I could write today about how I feel and what is going on with me; yet, you already know these things and, if anything, you know my heart and my feelings towards these events so it seems fruitless to repeat them.
I feel this is a lesson from God for me. Not because He is the bringer of such tribulations but more that he is shaping me within them and trying to make me feel the need to evolve closer to Him. It is for this reason that it I won’t linger on such thoughts and words as they must be for my good.

I have been listening to the Hunger games stories at night time and although I know you haven’t read them I do feel there is a lesson in them that God is teaching me. The main character is in the arena battling for her life and she has a mentor on the outside that is meant to rally up sponsorship for gifts or aids to help in her time there.
There is a scene when she is walking through the woods in the arena and she hasn’t had any water for a few days and is at breaking point of thirst. She makes a shout out to her mentor asking for the much needed water and yet no gift arrives. She is tempted to think that her mentor, a known alcoholic, is probably too drunk to hear her words and has subsequently abandoned her. Yet, in one brief moment of thought she realises that the reason he hasn’t sent water is that she may be close enough and should push through her feelings, her want for a drink and to soldier on forward as she may be close enough without losing her built up sponsorship. She, of course, is right and less than an hour away is a pond with fresh drinking water waiting for her. This is how I feel with God at the moment.

There is a lot going on with me, a lot of outside influences and input, actions and thoughts that make it easy for me to turn around and say to God “why have you forsaken me”; especially when I see God working in others’ lives. All I have to do is remember to seek Him, counsel Him and find my refuge in the thing that I am so quick to proclaim is right.
Here it is then. Rather than me moan and curse about the current goings on, I am going to sit and write and praise the good that is happening for you with knowledge that my gifting, my water and my longing thirst is just around the corner.

You have had a great day.
You went into the shop despite feeling reluctant to do so. You have worked what seems to be hours of endless dragging and pushed through to just finish and yet so much good has happened.

You so proudly told me that you can see the sales made and that you have made these to an great level. This makes me so happy, especially when reflect back on how you felt a few months ago. It wasn’t that long ago when you thought that you couldn’t cope within a work environment and yet you are doing so and thriving. You are talking to people, being a people person when and where it counts and providing a presence that I knew you could show to a shop that clearly needs it!
You have also taken time to not only do an excellent job and showing your worth but also showing that you have the capability to use your initiative and forward thinking to turn one action into something bigger and better.

Last week you said that it is a shame that you are on job seekers and struggling to find work that suits you despite knowing that you are in a role that you love, are thriving in and supports your situation with the kids. The moment you mentioned it I had a feeling that God was calling you to take up employment with them, to allow training and growth and to build upon a situation that could be transferred to a role here when you move and we build our life together. I felt it and knew what God had in store but instead of just leaving it we suggested that was prayed for it and waited for God to validate this as a good idea. Those validations came and we continued to pray and this time I asked God to put that position in front of you rather than you making those moves independently.
Then today you tell me that they want to train you! They want to give you employment! And, they are pleased to see that you are a person who will work hard, show initiative and thrive in whatever you can.

This pleases me so much. I have nothing but pride in you for doing so well and achieving something; especially off your own work and not via the jobcentre.
I am so pleased the God as answered our prayers and placed this there for you. He has given you what you needed and when it was the right time. I am so thankful for him for doing so. His works show by your ability and places the foundations of good.

I know this is amazing and I know we discussed the “what about something good for you Martyn” but I want to dismiss this. My life is clearly a dog’s life, rather than a lions, and reminds myself of 1 Corinthians 10 verse 13 and know that he won’t let anything happen to me that I cannot handle and am not strong enough to cope with. I am waiting, I am thirsty but I will take my place with Him and know that something is just around the corner.
For now, I will praise His name. Be pleased for you. Thank Him for his kind works and blessings for you and know that these works now build a closer relationship between you and Him and a foundation for our future that He wants for us.

I am so happy and proud of you. You are doing so well and your growth is outstanding. I can’t wait to see how well you continually grow. It is a blessing to be the person watching you do this and be the person beside you.
Love you,

Martyn