Monday 11 September 2017

Day 5


Dearest Hannah
So we are on day five now of your letters and I am still loving sitting down and writing to you. I do, however, have a feeling that this will get a bit tedious at some point. No idea when that will be but just have a feeling that it might happen. I like it still though; I see this more as a journal of us, to you and for us, in the future. What I am aware of though is that life is busy, children are hectic and this could be something that may get neglected and then used to “catch up” with; that is fine as I still get my kicks out of it.

I do love that you look forward to reading these though and that you too have continued writing one for me.
Today, like many before, has been a busy one or at least it has felt like that. I think though that there are a lot of valid reasons to why it would have been. Although, I say this, and realise that we spoke for almost 2 hours a little while so we couldn’t have been that busy!

We had, yet again, another late night and I think that is seriously taking its toll on us! I didn’t get to sleep until way after our chat again and then I was up early with the boys. You had similar issues because Midge was up being sick and the A woke up with the on-going sickness drama and just like Bagpuss, when A wakes up then everyone wakes up!
The thing is, as mentioned in yesterday’s letter, that we have changed our dynamic slightly and it has come naturally and with nothing but love and humour but we have gone from one thing to another and instead of progressing to just one we do both. I just think sometimes we need a better judgement call and go “It is already late, shall we just chat and try to get an early night?” which is hard for both of us when we are doing something we love.

We both also had that busy morning. You had sickness with Midge and then Jobcentre, having a slightly awkward train ride with your ex and then back to Midge and your mum. I was running late due to oversleeping and was running an hour behind from doing a rush morning and it just didn’t flow into our home ed day. The boys, on top of that, were both playing up and clashing so it made it even harder.
Despite our lateness, lack of sleeping and busy morning I would say that last night was worth it. We were watching Master Chef and you had us both laughing really loudly and to the point where I was crying. I know you will know now what it was but I will describe it so we don’t forget!

It had reached round two of the second show and the contestants were doing the “We need to cook for a large number of people”. We turned into the chefs kitchen and greeted by the head chef who, whilst standing quite firm trying to do a bad ass pose, was wearing a really tall chef’s hat; so tall that you couldn’t see the top of it. I just watched whilst you come out with “Tall hat wanker, who is this guy!” I haven’t literally laughed so loudly and continued to do so. Yet, the show made it worse! Every time they zoomed out to do a wide angle shot we still couldn’t see the top. I haven’t laughed that loudly and hard in a long time.
This stuff is one of the many reasons why I love you. We can do something simple like watch a show and have each other in stitches! Yet, from this, we had another connection point where we, unknowingly, were both on twitter looking for gifs of tall hat chefs to share with each other and we didn’t know until I managed to do it just before you. This connection is so uncanny at times but it just shows how perfect we are together!

We did have some difficult information today though that, to be honest, had me really worrying. You, as you sometimes do, took it and didn’t worry too much.
After chatting to the boys mum we found out that admission to new schools wouldn’t be as straightforward as we thought! Instead it could leave us with 4 children being home educated. There were other options and possibilities but there is that worst case scenario that we had discussed. I knew that you had said before that the school placement is really important for you and with that you didn’t know if you could move here next year if you didn’t have it in place. I went straight to the worst case scenario and then worried that you would see this and do two possible things; postpone the move for another year when applications would be easier and better or, and to the extreme, think this couldn’t work and we part ways.

I know how important it is for you and that any decision that we have for our future will always centre with them; any parent would be the same. I didn’t realise though how much you would want our future to that extent and not worry. I assumed it would be a deal breaker and despite the fact that you loved me you couldn’t do that for the kids; again, something understandable that any parent would do.
You took the information and took it in a positive way and it hasn’t changed our future. For this, I love you and you have reminded me how wrong my fears and worries can be at times. I know that the move thing may change though. I know you say it won’t but it could, A has been hit with the upsetting thought now he has understood the gravity of it more and Midge could potentially continue to have urges of upset. This coupled with a lack of control with schooling could change things. I believe that it probably won’t but you know me, I like to cover all possibilities.

It has made me realise though that I do have that tendency to underestimate the love that you have for me. I know it was big and never doubted that you don’t love me but of course never realised fully the pull you have for our future. I am sorry for this. Yet, finding the good, I am pleased to have learned the lesson here!
I like that you do that for me. Earlier we were discussing our relationship at each stage and it really is something I like to reflect on. Every day you make me happy. Every day you make me laugh and, finally, every day I fall more and more in love with you. I love you so much and I look forward to, with eager anticipation, the next day, month, year and future where I fall in love with you more.

You mean so much to me. Not just as my partner but as my other half, best friend and daily companion. Or, as Del Boy would say “My significant other”.

Love you,
Martyn