Tuesday 12 September 2017

Day 6


Dearest Hannah,
We are now on day six and going strong. This is now something that I look forward to doing daily; it is as best place as any to document us, where we are and my love for you and know that you will understand and love me whatever.

I am pleased that you have been getting in to the flow of writing yours too. I loved finding out that you wrote one last night for me; it made me have such a massive smile.
Last night was funny. It was the first time you have seen dosed up on medication and drugs. We did our normal TV phone chat and watched Eastenders and then headed to bed. We were both so tired that I didn’t expect to stay on the phone or video chat for too long so had the bright idea to take my meds before we called. Everything was going fine until about an hour and half in when the meds started hitting me. You suddenly saw how tired and drained I looked and the last thing I remember you saying was that very thing. A little after, I woke startled, knew I had been chatting to you but you weren’t on the phone. I assumed then that my meds had kicked in and I had passed out! Luckily you were still awake when I messaged you to check and potentially apologise; luckily for me we had said a goodnight and goodbye and I went to sleep! Not that I remember doing so!

We have joked about it happening so I am kind of relieved that it finally did.
Today I have been busy again. I taught piano this morning which was lovely as he did really well and progressed. Then came home and sorted the craft stuff for the Roald Dahl day tomorrow. I haven’t been feeling my best though and think that I may be fighting off some virus too! I am lucky though and know it won’t last long.

I have also started drawing properly again. This is down to you! It came out of our intensity last week and I know there is a possibility of something more coming from it but it was nice sitting and drawing; knowing that you are interested and supportive of each stage of development. You really do bring out the best in me.
You on the other hand have really been hit with it. I think you have really been hit with missing me today too; or at least more than you have previously.

I am not totally sure why. It could be that you’re not well and needing some comfort and back up from your person. Or, it could be that we had that intense week and after that had some really good days. We have laughed loads, been silly and it is clear that our connection and relationship has been growing stronger. An alternative is that we worked out that I am coming next week and now the sudden closeness of having me there has empathised the distance more in the meantime. Finally, it could just be all of the above hitting you at once.
I am, as always, deeply missing you too. There hasn’t been a day since we parted at the summer where my heart hasn’t literally ached and pulled on me where I am longing just for you to be with me again; for me to hold you close, hold your hand, squeeze you closer and for my lips to touch yours.

The love you have and continue to show me is something that I never thought I would have, especially the older I have become. I know my past demons often haunt me and I don’t always realise it at times but I do know and see it deep down. The thing is that you are breaking those heavy black clouds around me apart and I am seeing and believing more of the sunshine you bring to my life and to me personally.
There is so much that I love about you. You actually see me for me. See who I am and what I can be. You see my potential and push all the negative things that I have cognitively been taught away.

Then there is our connection. I have never had this with anyone before. We connect and just literally become one. I am, like you are, often surprised that we do it but it makes me believe that God has brought my perfect person into my life and blessed our union. Again, something I haven’t believed to be true before. You really are the other half of me and we fit so perfectly together.
One of my favourite lines in the bible is from Ecclesiastes 4:12

“Someone may overpower one alone, but two together can take a stand against him. And a threefold cord cannot easily be torn apart”
We are a twofold cord, interlinked, who can fight anything off together but that extra connection, that extra thing that we have, must be our God gift and blessing. It is the only explanation for me. I still stand by the fact that you were the one spoken about, that we are blessed by Him and with that we cannot be torn apart easily.

Tomorrow you are back in the shop. I know at this moment in time is a mixed feeling. You are feeling low and not on top form so a day to hibernate will be strong but I know it will do you some good to go and do it. It will fly by and bring you added strength and confidence and will help push you throw another day until we are together again. Just remember that you are strong but you have nothing to prove being superwoman. Enjoy the fact that you are doing something that you never thought you would do and alongside that I will be around one way or another to support you in it.
I will be speaking to you in a little bit to watch Eastenders and Bake Off so I will sign off here but for now know this, I love you my Queen with all of my heart!

Love you,
Martyn