Saturday 9 September 2017

Day 3


Dearest Hannah
So this is our third day and our third letter and I am starting to feel that this is just a wonderful thing between you and me. I love how this little idea has inspired you to do the same and you did it so beautifully!

Yesterday, after my second letter, I think we reached this turning point on the rough and intense week that we have had. I think we pin pointed the problem that was there for us. We worked out that the problem has been the adjustment to us doing things alone again that we have, in fact, been cutting the other person out a little and making ourselves more alone than we needed to be.
The thing with us is that we both live in this independent world where we have to, no matter what, survive independently. I suppose it is something that a lot of relationships like ours must face. We have stepped into the world as a couple, we have ultimately become each other’s person and yet when one of us falls, literally in my case, we aren’t the person there to pick the other up. We are restricted by the distance between us to be at each other’s side in the good and bad times that we kind of fell into the depths of a crack that we both were not expecting. We were the other person to get each other through the day but then spending the wonderful time we had together throughout the summer meant that we had that figuratively so when we were left in the mess of missing the person that we stepped into ultimate independence and cut some of each other out in the day to day.

This though is all for the good. Our strength lies in the fact that we communicate so openly to each other. If something is off we will soldier on and support the other until we can make it right again. Of which we do this with love and honesty.
One thing that I haven’t spoken about yet is how happy I am that my faith has kick started yours again. I have never found a relationship where I have felt that God has been with us, helping us grow and allowing us to move with Him until now.

I still stand by the fact that the words I was given was for you and that we are definitely God approved. Ultimately, and as the Chris Tomlin song suggests, if God is for us then what can stand against us.
Our future has been hanging on me today. Not in a bad way, so please don’t worry. Just what our future will be like. There is so much about us that just fits perfectly that it is easy to see our future in that way. My bed, for example, is so empty without you and I sit and think about the fact that one day you will be there next to me. Or how we both have this way of working in unison when we make dinner; it makes me think of a beautiful dance around the kitchen but connected as one. But, let’s face it, we do have this incredible way of connecting and being on the same page with 99% of things!

Today has been busy for me again. I had the chance to work this morning which was great and I felt like I was in my element doing what I do best. Then I collected Will. I know that we were meant to be going to that festival but the times and organisation had changed for the day. The thing is though that we had a lovely afternoon together watching a film and Come Dine with Me and that was nice in itself. I do love the one to one time I get with him. It reminds me that he is a beautiful child that I am sometimes too quick to dismiss.
Then that just leaves the evening to be with you. I have loved how our relationship has grown and continued to grow and we now spend that time watching shows together. Although this deeply pangs my heart and makes me long for you more, compared to the days when we have done it in person, it is another way that we connect; something that gets me through the day.

It is the little things like this that I treasure and love. The fact that we share our lives with each other in any way that we can, good or bad, and know that you are the other half of me.
My heart still longs for you and I still miss you deeply but I am now counting down to so much. 12 sleeps until we see each other. 33 sleeps until we spend two and a half weeks (or near enough) together and do our first birthdays together. 100 sleeps until we have our Christmas time together. And, importantly, 10 months until we can be together properly. They are little things for sure but it is keeping me going.

For now, I am happy that we have laughed more in the last 18 hours than we have all week.
I am always thankful that you are my person, my friend and my true love.

Love you,
Martyn