Monday 25 September 2017

Day 19


Dearest Hannah,
Day 19 and I am back to writing to you from the comfort of my home and not yours.

I arrived back late last night and you were wonderful and waited up knowing that I wanted to speak to you and for us to do our normal prebed chat. I love that you waited despite knowing that you were tired and had a busy day ahead.
Today has been rubbish. I never expected today to be as bad as it has turned out; it is only Monday too so I dread to think what the rest of the week will be like!

This morning I woke up from a fairly good sleep for a change. I think the post sleep from the rough ones on the blow up mattress had caught up on me. However, the fact that I woke up in a jolly and positive mood that it quickly dropped and changed.
I did what I normally do and sat up, turned, placed my arms on the side stool and pushed to stand. The first couple of times my feet weren’t gripping and I was sliding back. The next times I couldn’t lock my knees into place to straighten. I had the odd muscle twitches and fell into the stool chest first or it was my legs that decided to twitch. The more and more I tried it the weaker my arms were feeling which then made it harder to push up. I was in pain, tired and couldn’t see a way to stand. The tears started coming as soon as the frustration became too much.

You were good. I told you what was going on as I promised I always would despite knowing that you would worry. I don’t want to keep things from you but I hate that I know you worry and feel helpless being so far away.
I always feel torn. In that moment all I want to do is call you, talk to you and feel like my world isn’t as hopeless and helpless as I feel it is in that moment. Yet, I know that telling you doesn’t help and just makes you feel like crap too. What is worse is that I knew you had school run and that you were likely to be on your Monday morning costa trip; especially considering that you didn’t have your Friday one because I was with you.

I know I can’t help when I fall or when these things happen but I always feel like it is at the worst possible timing for you. I mean wouldn’t it be nice that it happened when I know you are at home and just watching tv or sorting dinner out; anything that could be done whilst I cry down the phone to you.
I know you don’t mind but I really thought you might get some grief from your friends.

Luckily I managed to get to standing and go get the boys but I was tired. An hour of trying to do that and feeling a bit emotionally beaten really took it out on me.
Once home I took it easy and rested and done very little. The boys were left to have a relaxed and easy day; although I am sure they didn’t mind that. Yet, they have proper been on one today. I am unsure if this is due to lower tolerance due to my mood, them smelling weakness and playing up or a bit of both.

I did eventually do some more drawing following your suggestion. Only a couple of hours ish but I suppose that is better than nothing. I just don’t think I could do anymore when my heart and mood wasn’t in it.
Despite all of this, you have had a busy day. I’m not too sure if it has been good but I don’t think it’s been bad.

You had, as mentioned above, costa with your friends, sorted out the blow up bed, went to the job centre, collected your meds, rearranged work from Friday to tomorrow, made a few phone calls following letters you received, written my letter, sorted the house and done dinner for the boys. All fantastic and I am proud of you for doing so much and being so productive!
Even more so knowing that you have done all of that and still tried to be there for me when you can.

I do love that you have been here for me when possible. I couldn’t have asked for more. I of course would have loved you here next to me, cuddling me and just being my person in presence but I know we can’t have that yet. One day though.
We are skipping our tv and chat tonight so I can settle earlier which you agreed with. I do hope that today can just end and I can wake up tomorrow and pretend that today hasn’t happened. I, even several hours on from this morning, feel that this is just the start of a potentially hard week. I do hope that I am wrong.

I have a few more minutes before I have to go and sort the boys before so I will go and read the bible verses that you jumped ahead on! Naughty!
I do love you and I am sorry that I have impacted on your day and made you worry at times. You have been great and I love you very much. I promise I will try and be better for you tomorrow.

Love you,

Martyn