Wednesday 20 September 2017

Day 14


Dearest Hannah,
Day 14 of letters for you; who would have thought that I would have carried this on for two weeks!

Today feels a little weird and I am not too sure why.
I am really missing you today; which seems silly considering that in less than 24 hours from now I will see you again.

You have been busy today and been back at the shop. You felt mixed about going in. I know you really enjoy doing it, getting out, being helpful and busy but I think you could have happily stayed in bed, wrapped in your duvet and just hidden yourself.
I have had the boys and been on top of housework, blogging and getting ready to come to see you. Yet, I am proper longing for you.

I think it probably comes down to a couple of things. We had a day yesterday, full of productivity and relaxing, and we both felt that we were a little far from each other at times, despite knowing we were there for each other when it counts. We then missed our regular TV chat last night where you had your dad with you. We did, of course, still have our normal phone chat which was lovely.
This morning I was rushed and so were you so I wonder if it was that which made me feel a bit disjointed. That, combined with yesterday, and knowing you are almost in arms reach is leaving me a bit void.

I know this really just sounds silly but it is true. I just feel really far from you.
But, I really can’t wait for these next few days with you.
I can’t wait to see you, touch your hand, search your face for every inch, look into your eyes, smell your smell, hold you in my arms, lay next to you and have your head on your spot on my chest.

I love you, ever so much, and would do absolutely anything for you. You are my world, my Queen and my one love. Bring on bedtime and the journey to you.
Love you,

Martyn