Thursday 28 September 2017

Day 22


Dearest Hannah,
Day 22 of writing to you and today is the first real day that I haven’t really wanted to write to you. However, you managed to find to write to me again and what kind of world would we be in when you can find time and I can’t?

I am not even too sure what this letter will be like or if it will be very long; I suppose I am about to find out.
Today I am tired. Ever so tired and not my standard Martyn tired.

You know why though; James had a bad night with asthma with the quick turn of the temperature drop here. It has hit his chest out of nowhere and when it is night time it is especially worse. He had come into me just before I took my meds last night, crying and upset and barely being able to breathe.
Lucky really that I hadn’t taken my meds. I managed to calm him down and he climbed into bed with me. The problem is that once he is lying next to me you can see how fragile and weak his breathing actually is. It can, and has been, really touch and go at times and you have to just wait through the night just in case it changes to the point where you have to call an ambulance; which, as you know, has happened a few times before.

Luckily that wasn’t the case last night but did mean that I went without any sleep at all; the only bonus is that I had 2 unexpected hours or respite with an earlier drop off to their mums.
It must be difficult to hear it and I am sure the first time you hear James like that you will feel the panic and worry. But, I know you aren’t too sure about it when we spoke about it this morning.

I did make time to have a few calls with you this morning. I then made efforts to push through the day, get my flat semi clean before I have the boys back at the weekend and still parent and adult where needed. I am though extremely tired where I have pushed through all of that to now.
As mentioned above, you have written me a letter today. You have done so much better with your letters this last week. Almost as many letters in these last 7 days as the entire time; maybe you’re getting into the swing of coming back to it more. Although, I know you are like this with your other blog.

As you know from our phone call, that I could see the upset and sadness within the letter where I think a combination of things are hitting you. You leaving a school that has been kind to you, your children and that have been a part of your life for so long. Another reason was the fact that your kids are currently at their dads; a mix of anxiety and missing them. Then you had the added fact that you are shutting yourself off from people around you.
You have mentioned that you are lonely today. I am sorry about that. I feel like I haven’t given you enough attention on maybe a day when you needed the companionship that we offer each other. It almost felt though that you have maybe shut me out whilst doing the same with others. Although we discussed the other sad points with the letter that we never discussed why you haven’t reached out more, especially if you had been feeling lonely; isn’t that what we do for each?

I also had a God moment. A moment inspired by a radio discussion point about feeling a role was Gods purpose for you. It made me reflect on your situation with work in the charity shop. I used this though, prayed and called out to God and asked what there is for me. Several things happened and signs and words jumped out at me. I had MARTYN and STORE and on wanting clarification in store I got STORGAE. But, that was it. What I need to store is not clear but I am sure He will tell me or show me at some point. It was nice being spoken to by Him but, as always, infuriating to wait and not get a clearer path to follow; we will see, won’t we.
That is about it for today and I am not sure if there is anything else to add. I am sure, as always, that God might share something with us tonight so that might help.

Well for something difficult to write I don’t think I have done too badly with over 900 especially with how tired I am feeling. I am sorry that today has been a sad day for you. I am sure that tomorrow will be better especially as you have the shop and then the free evening without the kids. It will be a nice blessed day with the freedom of being able to relax at the end of it. I am always here for you whenever though. The distance you and I may feel today will be short lived where our connection is so strong; we always come back to each other anyway. I will try to be better for you tomorrow though!
I do really love you and that won’t change by distance, tiredness, sickness or work.

Love you,
Martyn