Thursday 21 September 2017

Day 15


Dearest Hannah,
Day 15 of writing to you and I bet this is the one that you least expected me to write! Mostly as I am here with you right now.

I made a promise that I would try and write to you every single day and that is exactly what I will do; even when I am with you.
Today has been long.
I was up early to make sure I had everything ready in the car and then double checked because I always seem to forget something!
I also had the boys which meant that I had to make sure that they were ready for drop off and handover. I have to admit that it was a hell of a lot harder trying to make sure I have everything with them around.

Then there was the journey to you. It rained most of the way but I somehow had my worship music on so just sung through it and drove. I made sure I was safe and keeping to the righy speed. It's weird, I just drove and sung and somehow ended up arriving quicker than normal and expected. You were so excited, just as I was  to see you, I even played a silly joke by pretending I was lost somewhere. I loved just seeing your face! 
Then finally I was with you.

I can’t believe how happy I was to see you. I knew I would be but it was such a comfort and relief to be with the woman I love, the woman that I have the connection with and the woman that I fit with.
I have missed so much about you. What your smile looks like in person, the way it moves in the corners of your smile. I have missed your eyes; they change, sparkle, shine and the little differences in the colour.

Tonight will be what you and I have longed for over the last three weeks; just you and me, the place we fit and the place we feel at home.
Love you,

Martyn