Tuesday 19 September 2017

Day 13


Dearest Hannah,
Day 13 and still going strong, although I feel today’s letter may be a bit empty but we will see; knowing my luck I will say that and end up writing loads!

Today has been weird in some ways.
I, as you know, had very little sleep last night and was hounded by horrible nightmares that didn’t really go from me. The ones that linger in you and you really feel them.

It left me tired and grumpy and really just needing you.
Then had the, what sadly appears to be, normal mucking around with technology and a little snap at each other. I regret that so much. Technology isn’t our friend so we have discussed it, I have apologise and we are changing the way we communicate with the hope that it won’t cause us any further problems.

What I do love and appreciate is the fact that, despite us having a little spat, you heard how tired I was and how the nightmare was and could feel how I felt in that moment. Then on top of that could relate to the technology situation. You are so good and understanding with me and it is just another reason to why I love you.
You, however, were planning on going into the shop today and work but it ended up changing due to interviews and too many staff. Subsequently you have swapped and will be doing tomorrow and Thursday. I think it turned out well today though; you actually had some you time and just relaxed!

I, following on from the morning stress, went to my dad’s for work and got annoyed at how my family keep changing things in the house, especially getting rid of mums stuff. It really annoys me and just makes me sad that they’re doing it!
Originally, I was going to put my planned drawing time aside considering your plans had changed but the more I thought about it the more I decided to still do it. I think it was just the fact that I knew that I didn’t have a lot of time this week as I will be with you and then thought a bit of worship music and drawing was a good idea.

Well those couple of hours turned into four. Yet, I really enjoyed doing it. You were still around and although I felt bad for not messaging you I did enjoy the time just creating and feel like I have carved a big chunk or drawing time out. You, again, have been amazing. You didn’t mind the time frame, relaxed, watched Holby and still supported the time I was drawing and then more so after you saw the progress that I have made. No partner has ever cared about my drawing or taken this much interest and I love that you do.
Everything I do you show me support and love. You really take an interest in the things I do and praise in my highlights and support in my lower moments. You are like my personal cheerleader.

I am still unsure if this is just you and a part of us or if it will go down when we are more of an established couple. Either way, I love it and thank you for it. I have never experienced this before and it just shows how wonderful you are and how lucky I am.
Despite your relaxed and comfortable day you have had a small stressful moment with handover. I totally get why you feel anxious; the kids were later, you didn’t know the condition of them, if they had done their homework, how it will impact your routine and then how your ex will be.

Coincidentally, as I was writing that, your daughter video called me to help with the homework so I suppose that answers some of what I just wrote. However, just before they turned up you were hit so badly with anxiety over the above so we stood and brought God into the mix and prayed. I haven’t heard what happened yet but I do really hope that it went well.
The thing we seem to do for one another today is just support whatever the other person is going through; good or bad and we have been there. I do love this about our relationship!

It is funny that a long distance relationship can work so well in this aspect. You would think that being so far away that it would be difficult but yet we seem to do it and today is proof of that. Whatever happens we always seem to have each other’s back.
Tonight is a little different as we haven’t got our normal Tv and Bake off chat as your dad has turned up. I have to admit that I am a little gutted but I know it can’t be helped and hopefully we will have that tomorrow now.

I have to say that I am missing you more now. Really struck across me whilst writing this and I think it is just where we have had a day of doing things and not really our standard chatting. The fact we have done that is amazing but it does feel like we haven’t had much us either; or it could just be the added factor of today, mixed up and downs and no tv time. Whatever it is, I really do miss you.
I will just be counting down the time now for our regular prebed call so I can hear your voice and see you face again.

2 more sleeps my love! We can do this!
Love you,

Martyn